To Fort Irwin, California. Wow that was like number #14 on our list of 20. I was fully expecting to get Fort Hood or even Hawaii but not Irwin. We still haven't found out if he will get a follow on school that is still a possibility but for now Irwin will be our next home. This too me is great news since my BFF from Fort Riley Rachel is already there. I love this girl she is a Texan like me and we have a lot of the same interest. Plus I will have someone I truly trust to be able to watch Sir. The downside to Irwin is that the nearest town is 45 minutes away which means I will have to do my shopping at he commissary and I will no longer be able to make my daily Target runs...darn. However, this will probably save us tons of money lol. We are hoping to be able to make a trip to Texas before the big move but it all kind of depends on different things. The good news is that he will not be deployed the bad is that he will be in the field A LOT. However it is a new adventure and I'm really excited about it. I can't wait to see what California has in store for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment