Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Last Week Recap

We have been super duper busy this past week. Sir's Grammy & Paw (my parents) came to visit on Valentine's Day and just left this morning. I have not had any time to blog at all. Here is the Recap from last week.



Last Wednesday Sir has his 6 month check up and he imeditaly started to cry as soon as the doctor walked in and did not stop until he left. Then of course he got his two shots and cried even more. The nurse was super awesome though. I really like her a lot. I find it funny that the nurses are so much more helpful and nicer than the doctors. The doc looked at me funny when he asked if Sir was eating a lot of solids and I replied with "he isn't too interested in them yet" I also did not mention that he was still sleeping in our bed. He also stated quite plainly that Sir could now sleep though the night without having to eat. Blah Blah Blah horse poo. My kid will eat when he wants even if it is still every two hours at night. Besides if I don't feed him he will just scream and that would def keep me up. ANYWAY! Sometimes I wish that I could just see the nurse and not the doctor they are way more caring and understanding. After his shots I fed him and then we left. He spent the rest of the day smiling and wanting to play. Dad had staff duty that night so it was just Sir and I at home. HE slept great (as great as babies sleep that is).



Thursday dad did not come home for breakfast but he did come home for lunch with a new laptop in his hand. My anniversary/Valentine's day present. I was excited!!! I have been wanting my own laptop for a while now so that I would have a place to put all my pictures and music. Since I got to open my present Sir got to open his. Dad got him a toy phone. He seemed to really enjoy it. Sir & I spent Thursday morning at the farmers market getting all kinds of great yummy things. Homemade tortillas, snacks from the incredible snack man, kettle corn, and I even got a homemade bar of vanilla bean soap. It smell delicious. I made dad a quesadilla for lunch with the tasty homemade tortilla and I spent the afternoon eating all of my chocolate covered almonds. Oh and also gluten free carrot cupcakes.Uh Oh! Dad came home from work relitivly early and we played PS4 together for a bit. I also got Sir's new Beco Gemini carrier in the mail too. I'm so excited about this one. I feel like a horrible mom waiting for so long to get him an ergonomic carrier. We called it an early night and I was able to get some reading in while Sir slept. We also found out where we are going to for our next duty station. I will post another blog about that.



Friday Valentines Day. We spent the day getting the house ready for my parents and doing grocery shopping. Dad helped so much he did most of the cleaning and watched Sir while I went to the store. I made delicious Nutella, strawberry French toast for breakfast. My parents ended up getting in way earlier than we expected so we were doing so last minute scrambling to get things clean. They got in around 3pm and we watched Tombstone in prep for our trip the next day. Luckliy I had already put dinner in the crockpot that morning so at least I didn't have to worry about cooking dinner. I did made a cherry cobbler for desert and we ate it with yummy blue bell vanilla bean ice cream. So we all had dinner and desert and then went to bed.



Saturday we all got up early...well Sir got us all up early.  After coffee, pancakes bacon, and showers we headed out to Tombstone for the day. We found a lot of neat jewelry. Grammy bought me an awesome bear necklace made out of rock and Pawbought me one that had turquoise in it. Grammy got Sir a cute new onesie and we had a great time exploring The Bird Cage and the rest of town. Paw was a big spender which was bizarre to me. Paw bought himself a new turquoise ring that cost #300 and he even bought Grammy some super nice jewelry and a ring as well. We had lunch at the Crystal Place. Sir ate his first pickle and he LOVED it. I was shocked every time I tried to take it away he screamed at me. So he loves pickles and hummus but not the food I go to great lengths to make myself. What a silly boy. We headed back home around 2pm. It was a great day but I was exhausted Sir took a nap and I laid down with him. I was too tired to cook dinner so we ended up going out to our favorite little German CafĂ© for dinner. Sir made friends with a cute little 5 year old at the next table. She kept wanting to give him her stuffed moose. Dinner was amazing and afterwards we came home and went to bed.



Sunday we made the long trip to Tucson. Sir was not thrilled with the ride but after a quick stop a feed and burp he did fall asleep until we got to Tucson. We had lunch at a Mexican restaurant that I was not too impressed with. After lunch we dropped off Grammy & Paw at the front of the convention center and we parked the car and met them at the front. While they waited someone gave them a free ticket which was great since tickets were $10 a piece. We spent the next hour going though the gem & mineral show. Wow there was some awesome stuff but totally over priced. Paw did buy hubby a really nice pocket knife though. After the gem show we went to Babies R Us and bought Sir two new walkers. One is a for when he is a bit older and the other one is one he will be able to use now. Grammy also got him a cool new toy to keep him entertained on the way back from Tucson. After babies R Us dad dropped Grammy, Sir & I off at the bookstore. I got Sir a stuffed monkey, two new books, and a book of Aesop's Fables. After the bookstore dad picked us up, I fed Sir and we headed back home. Grammy made pork chops for dinner while the rest of us rested and watched TV. It was a nice but very busy day.



Monday (yesterday) we spent the day in Vista. Grammy & I went shopping without Sir. It was so nice to get out and shop for myself for once. We went to Ross and I got a new pair of capri pants (all my others are maternity ones) I even got a cute new shirt. We also went to target and I got a new purse/diaper bag for quick outings and Grammy got me a ITunes gift card so I could subscribe to Parents magazine. We brought Subway home for lunch for Paw & dad. Sir slept the whole two hours we were gone. After lunch we spent some time outside. Sir really enjoyed being outside eating his frozen applesauce in his mess teether. Around 2pm Grammy & I went out again to the mall without Sir she spent $50 at the Children's Place on new clothes for him. and I got some new sandals. It was a great shopping day. We went home and had dinner and went to bed shortly after that. What a great time we had while Grammy & Paw visited. It was nice to have them around and I"m glad that Grammy actually talked Paw into coming. Here are picts from last week and on. Enjoy! P.S. the pics are out of order since i'm blogging from my awesome new laptop so please bear with me.



 Monday chilling in the sunshine

 Monday playtime with mommy



 Monday hanging out with Paw





 Sunday before Tucson



 Saturday at boot hill graveyard in Tombstone

 Sunday outside B&N

 Monday morning eating Raspberries for breakfast

 Saturday morning

 Saturday in Tombstone



 Monday playing with his new toy. He is not very impressed





 Wednesday holding himself up like a champ











 happy smiles after his shots



 cuddle time with me since dad is not at home for the night

 Thursday's market haul



 Thursday Sir got his V-day present early since I got mine early too







 I think he likes my present better

 my awesome new laptop thanks to my wonderful hubby

 new carrier









 Valentines day breakfast (Friday)

 Friday pictures





 hanging out with Paw on Friday

 Aggie no Sir you will be a BOBCAT lol



 Saturday morning







 holding himself up...he is getting so big





 Before heading out to Tombstone on Staurday. He loves his daddy

 Tombstone







 Sir got a V-day card from his Great Grandma Martin and his dad & I got new books

























 eating a pickle :)



 haha looks like he is trying to take a selfie

 boothill



Monday picts with Grammy



 oh my he want's those cookies



 nom nom cookies

 hanging out outside in the sunshine







 more Monday picts riding his new toy



No comments:

Post a Comment