Friday, February 21, 2014

The week so far.....

 This week has been fun filled and terrifying all at the same time. Fun filled because I love watching Sir grow and explore new things. And terrifying because of what happened on Wednesday. We will start with the fun. Sir has learned so many new things, how to pull himself up, how to crawl over us, and that my yoga mat is super fun to play with. I have also learned some things..I shouldn't be playing on my phone as much. I have taken steps this week to not be on my phone as much and be more present in Sir's play time. I'm guilty of being on my phone too much and watching too much TV, so i'm trying to cut back and be more aware of what he is doing. Plus I really enjoy just sitting and chatting with him it is very entertaining. As for the terrifying thing. Sir is now fascinated with trying to get everything that is not his. We had a great time chatting in his play pen then I wanted a snack. I wasn't going to cut up a pear with him in my arms so I put him on the couch. I went back into the kitchen only to hear the worst thing ever. A thud and a full out wail from Sir. I ran into the room, shoved the coffee table out of the way, and picked up my terrified screaming kid. I know I know never leave them on the couch especially when they can roll, crawl, sit up..bhal blah blah. I know it was dumb but I did it and now I will NEVER do it again. My poor sweet boy I felt like the worst mommy on the planet. I called his dad two times before he answered because he was in class. He rushed straight home. After Sir calmed down and ate he was smiling and laughing. Made me feel awful. He only had a slight bruise above his eye and we just watched him for the next 24hours. He was fine and even tried to jump off the couch out of my arms the next day. Apparently he did not learn his lesson. Well mommy sure learned her's from now on I will leave him in his pen or pack n play when I do anything away from him. Sir tried green beans this week and he is not a fan. He just doesn't really like solid foods in general yet. We started our daily walks again this week, he seems to enjoy them and I really like the fresh air and sunshine. It also makes me feel much better to get exercise in everyday. I'm not nearly as cranky when I do. Yesterday dad made Sir & I a super awesome reading fort and we all hung out in it after dinner. Today Sir & I made a quick trip to the store and then went for our morning walk. After that Sir ended spilling cheddar crackers all over my shirt/yoga pants during lunch so I just gave up and put on my Pj's we are not going anywhere the rest of the day anyway so why bother putting on real clothes. Today has been going by super slow for some reason. I'm ready for dad to get home so I can nap or read. Also just having him around is nice. Sir is napping now hence the reason i'm getting to blog. So that has been our week. Fun yet terrifying. Here are some pics. Enjoy.


Tuesday





















 Wednesday

 yoga time


 okay i'm bored with this book now



 eating applesauce outside
 



 before bedtime. His awesome monster jammie's from his Grammy
 Thursday yoga mat time




 helping me in the kitchen
 talking with his daddy

 already trying to pull things over that he is not supposed to



 Friday being kinda cranky in this one

 that's better
 in our awesome fort







1 comment:

  1. Your hair looks so pretty!! You might think about putting his monkey chair up. Looks like he wants to leap out of it too :) Love his new pajamas and his camo outfit. Love y'all!!

    ReplyDelete